Bluebird Day Care & Learning Center is committed to giving our students an academic edge by introducing them to New Mexico core curriculum as early as possible. Our core curriculum enhances the learning outcomes of children transitioning to kindergarten and elementary school. Our academic prep courses also ensure your child is prepared for the upcoming school year.
Core Curriculum in Albuquerque, NM
Early childhood education is a time to introduce your child to core curriculum in literacy, science and math. At Bluebird, we do this through fun, educational and engaging activities. Learning through play is the best way to build the foundation for academic learning. We encourage the physical, emotional and social development of each child in our class. Our core curriculum is designed for children ages 2 to 5:
- Early Literacy—Letter recognition, letter sounds, writing shapes and letters, story time, children’s literature. Your child will learn to write his or her name. We foster a love of reading in your child by providing high-quality children’s literature.
- Earth Science—Introduction to the Scientific Method, hands-on experiments, understanding Earth Science. Science activities include safe experiments that help your child better understand the natural world.
- Math—Counting, sorting, grouping and comparisons are among the basic math skills we provide as part of our early childhood education. We strive to introduce math as a fun, dynamic subject that your child feels comfortable with.
- Music & Movement—Introducing your child to instruments & dance is a fun way to learn creativity and develop motor skills.
- Art—We promote creativity and encourage your child to express his or herself creatively. Introducing your child to the arts is a wonderful way to build confidence and independence.
As with all of our programs, we maintain our commitment to the well-being of your child through cognitive and social development. Cognitive development enhances your child’s brain development, including language learning, perception and motor skills. Social development encourages listening and understanding directions, and learning to work well in groups.
About the Bluebird Learning Center
Our classrooms feature research-based learning materials and low student-teacher ratios to ensure your child receives the attention he or she deserves. We are a licensed 5-star preschool through the state of New Mexico Child, Youth and Families Department. Our facility meets high standards of quality, health and safety and is nationally accredited through the National Early Childhood Program Accreditation (NECPA).
Contact Us to Enroll
Bluebird is a family owned day care facility located in Albuquerque, New Mexico. We are proud to develop all aspects of our students’ whole selves, including physical, social and academic. To learn more about our early childhood education academic prep courses, summer programs or activities, contact us today.